[Zope] Database maintenance issues

J. Atwood Jatwood@bwanazulia.com
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 16:48:03 -0400

--MS_Mac_OE_3039612483_382081_MIME_Part

Why do you have to restart Zope? I pack the database now and again (usually
after a lot of management) and never restart Zope.

From: "Meilicke, Scott" <scott.meilicke@intp.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:34:54 -0700
To: "'zope@zope.org'" <zope@zope.org>
Subject: [Zope] Database maintenance issues

Hi all,

I've had some interesting database maintenance behavior.  When I go to the
control panel, Database Management, and "Pack" items older than 100 days,
then restart zope, zope doesn't restart.  python just sucks up an entire cpu
(dual cpu server, NT).  If I Pack older than 5 days, and restart, all is
well and zope comes right back.    Note my database is probably about 2
months old, although it's gone through several installations of zope,
starting with 2.1.3, on linux and NT.  It seems if I Pack items older than
the database, I corrupt the db some how.  I'm running 2.1.6 on NT with sp5.
Any thoughts?

Thanks - Scott

--MS_Mac_OE_3039612483_382081_MIME_Part

<HTML>
<HEAD>
<TITLE>Re: [Zope] Database maintenance issues</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
Why do you have to restart Zope? I pack the database now and again (usually=
 after a lot of management) and never restart Zope.<BR>
<BR>
J<BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<B>From: </B>&quot;Meilicke, Scott&quot; &lt;scott.meilicke@intp.com&gt;<BR=

<B>Date: </B>Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:34:54 -0700<BR>
<B>To: </B>&quot;'zope@zope.org'&quot; &lt;zope@zope.org&gt;<BR>
<B>Subject: </B>[Zope] Database maintenance issues<BR>
<BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"2">Hi all,</FONT> <BR>
<BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"2">I've had some interesting database maintenance behavior. &nb=
sp;When I go to the control panel, Database Management, and &quot;Pack&quot;=
 items older than 100 days, then restart zope, zope doesn't restart. &nbsp;p=
ython just sucks up an entire cpu (dual cpu server, NT). &nbsp;If I Pack old=
er than 5 days, and restart, all is well and zope comes right back. &nbsp;&n=
bsp;&nbsp;Note my database is probably about 2 months old, although it's gon=
e through several installations of zope, starting with 2.1.3, on linux and N=
T. &nbsp;It seems if I Pack items older than the database, I corrupt the db =
some how. &nbsp;I'm running 2.1.6 on NT with sp5. &nbsp;Any thoughts?</FONT>=
 <BR>
<BR>
<FONT SIZE=3D"2">Thanks - Scott</FONT> <BR>
</BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--MS_Mac_OE_3039612483_382081_MIME_Part--