[Zope] Union of a few folders

Stephan Richter srichter@cbu.edu
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 01:22:56 -0500

At 12:50 PM 4/27/00 +0800, Sin Hang Kin wrote:
>I have some folders : news, events, activities, etc, which each of them have
>some items.
>
>The application will generate a list of them in reverse date order. This
>have been done.
>
>Now, I would like to add a new listing : to list all of them in reverse date
>order. i.e., I need to make a union of them first, then sort them. Is it
>possible to do this?

Yeah, you can use the REQUEST variable:

Here is the code you want (Again, it is tested):

<dtml-var standard_html_header>

   <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('l', [])">

   <dtml-in "['Admin', 'Help', 'Project']">
     <dtml-let x=sequence-item>
       <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('l', l + _[x].objectValues())">
     </dtml-let>
   </dtml-in>

   <dtml-in l>
     <dtml-var id><br>
   </dtml-in>

<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

Two interesting problems you had there. :)
If you want to do these type of things, you should learn Python. Once you
understand the language, it becomes much easier to solve these type of issues.

Regards,
Stephan
--
Stephan Richter - (901) 573-3308 - srichter@cbu.edu
CBU - Physics & Chemistry; Framework Web - Web Design & Development