[Zope] Adding days in Zope using ZopeTime

Jason Spisak 444@hiretechs.com
Thu, 27 Apr 2000 15:16:40 GMT

Stephan:

> > > Perhaps to account for +/- several hours of daylight saving?

<sarcasm>
You mean the above solution isn't elegant?
</sarcasm>

> I followed the discussion a little bit, and I think the solutions are
> crazy.

Me too.  But the question asked for a DTML solution without modifying
DateTime.

>I usually install mxDateTime, since its features are far more
> advanced and use it with some external methods. Works just fine. (I really
> think, Zope should use mxDateTime. Maybe I should alter mxDateTime to have
> the same method names as Zope's DateTime and then replace it. That would
> increase the feature set by many multiples and would get rid of some of the
> annoying bugs with the current DateTime.)

I whole heartedly agree!  Bravo.  I'll bet DC would take the combined
module and graft it.  Why wouldn't they? The DateTime module has enough
annoying little things in it (or/and lacks in just enough features) to give
them a pretty constant ear ache.

All my best,

Jason Spisak
CIO