[Zope] forcing acquired DTML to act as if not acquired

Karl Anderson karl@digicool.com
27 Apr 2000 12:39:46 -0700

"Rik Hoekstra" <rik.hoekstra@inghist.nl> writes:

> From: Karl Anderson <kra@monkey.org>
> [acquired DTML document acts on source location, not acquired
> location]

> ><dtml-tree expr="PARENTS[0]" branches=objectValues>
> ></dtml-tree>
>
> Hm, have you tried using a DTML Method for addFolderForm? This looks like
> the problem of trying to add a folder to a DTML Document. This doesn't work
> and it adds the added object to the acquisition root. As you describe it
> (you actually do end up in the addFolderForm in the right destination?),
> this sounds as if it should work.

Yep, changing the action that addFolderForm invokes to a DTML method,
not a DTML document, does the trick.  Thanks.

But is this really because it was trying to add a folder to a DTML
document?  tree-item-url was always a folder, and it doesn't matter
that addFolderForm is still a DTML document, just the action of that
form.

A DTML document is it's own self, while a DTML method is a method of
its container, but I don't see why it would work at the acquisition
source if it doesn't elsewhere.

--
Karl Anderson                          karl@digicool.com