[Zope] Cascading Style Sheets and Zope

John Morton zope@zope.org
Mon, 1 May 2000 10:51:00 +1200 (NZST)

On Sun, 30 Apr 2000 13:54:20 -0700 you wrote:

 > Hello All,
 >
 > I don't know anything about CSS, other than the concept, and am wondering if
 > something like a DTML method that holds all the style sheet info is a good
 > idea.  That way, each page could simply reference that style sheet method.
 > If the look of the site needed to be changed, the change would only have to
 > happen in one location.

Exactly right. Even better - you can have sections of style sheet
information in the DTML method conditional depending on what browser they
are using, so as to work around the various known bugs in the various
browsers.

House of Style has an excellent guide to style sheets:

http://www.westciv.com.au/style_master/house/index_plain.html

 > I'm interested in hearing what others are doing to achieve this same goal.
 > Should I go down the CSS road or is there a better way?

I've only just started messing with style sheets myself :-)

John.