[Zope] tracebacks

Seb Bacon seb.bacon@razorfish.co.uk
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 14:13:06 +0100

A) your SQL is wrong, you want a VARCHAR not a CHAR there.  and i doubt
'NOW' is a valid value for a TIMESTAMP type in your DB.  You'll be wanting a
SQL function like Date(), not a string.  Probably.  Look in your DB docs.
Not that I'm much of a SQL person - someone else will probably correct me.

B) Now why you'd get a pickling error when you've got bad SQL i don't know -
and 'cannot pickle objects' is a blantant lie.  Surely that's what
pickling's all about.  Anyway you read the traceback from bottom to top.
The error occured on line 348 of Connection.py, which threw an error in
Transaction.py, blah blah, which threw an error in Publish.py, which caused
Zope to exit the publisher and print the stack trace.

seb.