[Zope] Evaluating a string of DTML code?

T.J. Mannos MannosTJ@slcc.edu
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 07:35:06 -0600

Hi,

I have an ExternalMethod that processes an HTML file, extracts the contents
of the BODY tag, and wraps my site template around it.  (In other words, it
takes a plain vanilla HTML file and adds standard_html_header and
standard_html_footer).

[See http://www.zope.org/Members/unfo/howto_wrapper/index_html for more
background]

The problem is this: I can't have arbitrary DTML code in the HTML file.
Zope completely ignores it.  I tried fmt=structured-text, but that doesn't
work, either.  Since the file is essentially read in as a string, is there
any way to evaluate an arbitrary string of DTML code?

Thanks a ton!

- T.J.