[Zope] Take possession over DTML Documents/Methods

Peter Bengtsson peter@grenna.net
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 17:28:32 +0100

Hello I use you Poll product [http://www.zope.org/Members/mega/poll]
The only two documents I can control is the index and results page, which is
fine.
But how do I do if I want to change and modify how other things work, such
as the way the results are presented and what happens after you've clicked
'Vote'.
The reason I'm asking is that I want to translate everthing shown to the
user in Swedish and I also want it to work with the rest of my sites content
(CSS and layout). I managed this well with index and results.

I can't change the product itself because I am being hosted by a friend and
I can't ask him to modify products to suit me.
I had the same problem with the URL Directory product
 http://www.zope.org/Members/Roug/SimpleURLs ]. I didn't want to use the
thank_you_html page (found in Control Panel) so I changed (with my
administrators consent) that to thankyou_html and put in my own
thankyou_html document in the relevant folder.

In other words, how do I take possession of the documents/methods of your
otherwise lovely product?

Peter Bengtsson - bloody good programmer