[Zope] Change db connect string in python or dtml

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 03 Aug 2000 10:28:06 +0100

Craig Allen wrote:
> As a quick and dirty alternative (untested), just edit your connection
> parameters in your Mysql connector to point to the different server (you'll want
> to close the connection first, I expect).

I think this is probably the best way to do it :-)

The idea behind a database connector is that it abstracts the connection
information into a seperate object so you only have to change the
connection string in one place to change what DB a group of methods are
using.

As longs as the DBs have the same schema it should work just fine.

cheers,

Chris