[Zope] PTK question ..

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Thu, 03 Aug 2000 10:39:43 +0100

Jean Jordaan wrote:
> Hmm, "Note: there are big bunches of bugs still." I guess
> I shouldn't try to premiere a snazzy intranet on this by
> Friday ..

Er, no ;-)

> Do you know if there are stable core features (basically
> users joining and submitting news items) that one could use?
> I.e. will I be OK if I stay off the bleeding edge? I suspect
> the answer is that the PTK is ALL bleeding edge still ..

The PTK is mainly bleeding edge but there are people using it for real
worl apps. If you want to do so, you will probably need to be
comfortable hacking the PTK python source.

There's a big change which I think Shane Hathaway is working on right
now which should make a lot of the needs to do this go away.

> Actually, looking at
>   http://www.zope.org//Products/PTK/ZWiki/PTKInstallation
> I think I better back off for a bit. I'm still on Zope 2.1.6
> (last I looked Squishdot didn't do 2.2) and it looks like PTK
> wants 2.2 ..

Don't think the PTK needs 2.2.
And I am working on Squishdot ;-)