[Zope] Static X Dynamic

Rogerio Atem de Carvalho r.carvalho@cefetcampos.br
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 12:26:10 -0400

Hi,

I have a site with 1,000 static HTML pages containing
images and text (in portuguese and english). I need:

1) Enable full text search

2) Create a mechanism to automatically generate more
pages and put everything together in Zope.

3)Work under Zope versions 2.1.6 and 2.2

I know some alternatives but I would like to have some
advice about them:

1) Migrate everything to a DB like MySQL, using ZSQL
methods to do search, insert etc...
(I'm doing it now and it works, but don't know if it 's
the best solution...)

2)Use Metapublisher and Zcatalog- In this case how can
I represent one to many relationships (one document to
many images)???

3)Use Metapublisher and a RDBMS- same question above.

Or:

4)Use ZCatalog alone - In this case, how can I do full
text search?

5)Use BTreeFolder - same question above.

6)Use LocalFS - same question above.

7)Put everything under Yihaw! structure (it would be a
nice solution in terms of interface...)- same question
above.

Is there another soluction not listed above, or a mix
of solutions?

What is the best solution in terms of speed and
maintenance?

Regards,

Rogerio Atem
E-mail enviado pelo servidor do CEFETCampos