[Zope] ZSearch generated default report file fails on result set cardinality greater 50 for content which contains www addresses

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 3 Aug 2000 22:58:23 +0200 (CEST)

Andreas Rippel writes:
 > I came across the situation, where the result rows of a Z SQL access
 > contained www strings like
 > www.uni-ko-ld.de/veranstaltungen/lehramt.html, see below.
 > Using ZSearch generated dtml-methods generated the following html code,
 > when the result set contains more
 > than 50 items. See the generated reference for the next items
 > <a
 > href="www.uni-ko-ld.de/veranstaltungen/lehramt.html?fach=%25&hochschule=%25&SUBMIT=Submit+Query&query_start=51">,
 > which didn't refer to the running zope environment. Instead it merged
 > address stuff from a result row.

I expect that your table contains a column with the same name
as the DTML-variable used to build the navigation (URL, I think).

"dtml-in" brings the column names of your rows in the namespace.
they hide their other variables defined outside the "dtml-in".

If you can, rename your database column.

If you cannot, build your own DTML methods for testing by customizing
the DTML methods generated by the Z Search Interface.
Z SQL methods have the argument "src__" (in 2.2, there
is something for tests too). It gives you the generated SQL,
without executing it.

Dieter