[Zope] updating 2 catalogs

Richard Bartels barteri@my-deja.com
Fri, 04 Aug 2000 13:23:48 -0700

I have created a catalogaware zclass following the instructions in How-To: Creating a CatalogAware ZClass.  It works fine.  Except for this:

I have a catalog in root folder which indexes the whole site.  Then I have catalogs in each of 6 main subfolders beneath the root folder for searching only in these folders.

I am able to update both catalogs, however, when deleting the object it only is deleted from one of the catalogs, namely, the one that was updated last.  Is it valid to update two catalogs in this way?  Or should I be going about this another way entirely?

Thanks much,

Rick Bartels
Bank of America

Before you buy.