[Zope] Zope on old hardware??

Steve Nicholson Steve.Nicholson@yoursolutions.com
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 03:27:26 +0100

Hi I'm looking at running Linux 6.1 and zope on a dual processor P90 Dell
powerEdge server, 128Mb RAM.  Is this a viable proposition for hosting, I'm
not anticipating millions of hits?? I realise it's not the fastest thing in
town but for a good price it gives me a RAID drive for reliability.  What
sort of load will it handle, hits etc? Does Zope take advantage of the Dual
processors?  What improvement is there over one processor?  This box can be
upgraded to P166's what would be the improvement?  Is anyone out there
running Linux on Dell EX590-2, can I expect lots of problems or easy to
set-up?  Pointers to sites with more information would be appreciated.

I haven't got it yet, so want to find out more before I waste to much
time/energy/money on it.

Thanks for any help/advice you can offer.

Steve.