[Zope] Precondition

R. David Murray bitz@bitdance.com
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 22:11:55 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 4 Aug 2000, RC Compaan wrote:
> What does the "Precondition" property of the file class refer to?

As far as I can tell from a quick scan of the source, the precondition
is an object that is called just before the file object is rendered.
It can raise an exception, in which case the object will not get
rendered.  I could swear I read that documented somewhere, but I
can't find it.  Someone should submit a doc patch for the API help
pane.  I'd do it, but I haven't gotten around to learning how the
help system works yet so I don't know what file to patch <grin>.

--RDM