[Zope] Changing user pwds

Aaron Williamson aaronw@c.ict.om.org
Mon, 07 Aug 2000 12:08:01 +0100

Hello,

    I created a form to allow users to change their own passwords.  I
hate the idea of giving them all "Manage Users" permissions, but ok
whatever.  But "acl_users.manage_users('Change', REQUEST, RESPONSE)"
won't work unless the user has "View Management Screens" permissions.
Not only does this make no sense, because the procedure doesn't involve
viewing management screens, but it would be absolute insanity to give
all of my users those permissions, because then they could go in and
delete users at will!  There has to be a way to do this, but can I get
around this problem without additional products (i.e. Login Manager)?

Thanks,

  Aaron