[Zope] User authentication and properties

Gerard Metrailler Jr. gmetrailler@meetingmaker.com
Tue, 08 Aug 2000 23:35:20 +0200

Hello,

I am looking into a solution to extend the normal acl_user management
interface.

First, I want to have properties associated with a user. This could for
example be the email, the real name or their preferences to view a site.

Second, I want to replace the normal basic authentication method by a new
form that will have authenticate a user through his username, his password
and a number that will only be known by the server and the user and that
will change on each login. This will most certainly require custom
properties and methods usable for each user.

I've seen there are different products available (GUF, LoginManager), but I
couldn't understand if they where able to do what I want. Any hint on how
to use such a product to do this?

It also seems to be possible to subclass the acl_user folder. Is there any
document explaining how to do this?

Best regards,

Gérard Métrailler Jr.

Meeting Maker Inc.
... the intelligent choice for collaborative scheduling

Technical Account Manager Europe
Phone: +41 (79) 239 25 08
Email: gmetrailler@meetingmaker.com
Web: http://www.meetingmaker.com