[Zope] Transactions

Kapil Thangavelu kthangavelu@earthlink.net
Wed, 09 Aug 2000 13:58:47 -0700

Let me a bit more specific.

i'm developing a python product which does some fairly intensive list
processing over a long list and adds stuff to the zodb based on that. If
it bombs somewhere in the middle of the processing i don't want the
whole transaction rolled back. i'm doing my own data integrity check so
i want each add to be atomic independent of the transaction. i thought
about sub-transactions to get around the enormous mem requirements of
the huge transactions but it doesn't solve the problem of atomic adds.
is there some way to either turn off transactions for a given python
operation or to make an operation autocommit itself in a subtransaction?

hmmm... related question (i think) how does one make a method whose
effect can't be rolled back?

any help appreciated

Kapil