[Zope] gif getting dumped...

Daniel Rusch drusch@globalcrossing.com
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 13:30:03 -0500

Hey all,

I know this isn't exactly a zope question, but it is occuring in my zope
site so here goes:

I have a gif file (a company logo) that I use on pdf files. The pdf's
are created by a python app that I wrote which uses report lab. This
python app is called from my zope site. Everything works great until the
nightly back up of the database (Oracle). The cron job shuts zope down,
backs up the db and then restarts zope. the problem is that the logo
(the gif) doesn't get reloaded. so every morning I have to bounce zope
to reload the gif.

I have determined that the shuting down and restarting of zope is not
the problem but it appears that it is the oracle backup.

Any thoughts,

DR