[Zope] Importable Xron

Loren Stafford lstaffor@dynalogic.com
Thu, 10 Aug 2000 18:44:06 -0700

From: "Bill Anderson" <bill@libc.org>

> Loren Stafford wrote:
> > So how about this: I invite other developers to create rescheduler
> > sub-products for Xron.  If you create a rescheduler product, let me know
> > about it, and I'll link to it from the Xron product page. Your product
could
> > be a Python product or a ZClass product. There's probably room for
something
> > like "Simple Rescheduler for Xron", which would do Weekly, Hourly, and
> > OneTime; and "Cron for Xron" which would be a full cron-like interface;
and
> > maybe a product of intermediate complexity. The "Simple Rescheduler"
would
> > make a good first-time ZClass project. The developer would need to know
how
> > to write a ZClass, how to handle PropertySheets in a ZClass, and how to
use
> > DateTime.
> >
> > Does this sound like a good plan or a bad one? Any takers?
>

> I am actually working on a simple scheduling product based on Xron. Though
it wasn't originally intended for public
> consumption, I may be convinced to at least put it up for download.

Bill,

Can you tell us a little about your product? Where does it fall on the scale
from "Simple" to "Cron"?

I'm actually adding what you might call "Stupid Rescheduler" to the base
Xron product. A "periodDays" (type float) attribute that specifies the
reschedule interval in days and fractions thereof. Zero means "OneTime".
It's not much, but at least you'll be able to do some useful rescheduling
"out of the box", i.e. without subclassing.

-- Loren