[Zope] Difference between manage_changeProperties and manage_editProperties?

Loren Stafford lstaffor@dynalogic.com
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 07:39:37 -0700

From: "Peter Arvidsson" <peter@innodev.com>

> What is the difference? Somewhere I read that one of them erased all
> properties and changed those that are sent to the method (causing
> properties that is not sent to the method to be empty) but I dont
> remeber where I read it or which one it was? Are there any other
> differences?

Quoting from the source ../lib/python/OFS/PropertyManager.py:

    def manage_editProperties(self, REQUEST):
        """Edit object properties via the web.
        The purpose of this method is to change all property values,
        even those not listed in REQUEST; otherwise checkboxes that
        get turned off will be ignored.  Use manage_changeProperties()
        instead for most situations.
        """

    def manage_changeProperties(self, REQUEST=None, **kw):
        """Change existing object properties.

        Change object properties by passing either a mapping object
        of name:value pairs {'foo':6} or passing name=value parameters
        """

-- Loren