[Zope] zope2.2.0 and what is high load

bak @ kedai kedai@kedai.com.my
Fri, 11 Aug 2000 23:43:39 +0800

Based on your findings that all 7 DB connections are being used, I'd
revise the number of threads to 8.

will give it a go this monday.
Yes, it's the pool_size parameter.  You can increment this value
*carefully* if you see that you have more threads hanging around than DB
connections, like you're seeing now.  I have no idea what this will do
to your relational stuff.
---that really scares me.  sailing the uncharted see, and me a non swimmer!

The "right thing to do" is to test this outside of production.  I don't
want to tell you to go ahead and muck around on a production server.
But if it were *me*, I might be tempted to:

--like you, i'm tempted too.   i'll do backup first before anything else.
furthermore, i can't get the amount of traffic to really test.

- First, lower the number of threads via -t8 and see what effect that
has on speed.

- If that doesn't solve anything, bump up both the NUMBER_OF_THREADS and
the pool_size up to 10 or 12, then do some checking, and see if you
still have threads waiting for a DB.  Continue doing this in increments
of 2 or 4, making notes as you go.

Note that if it breaks your site, I'll deny I ever gave you this advice.
:-)  Proceed at your own risk.

---thanks for the advice that's not given ;) ,  i'll report progress monday!

Geez, I hope not.  This is an eminently solveable problem.

--i hope to solve this, and prove the greatness of OSS!