[Zope] RESPONSE.write() slow

Philipp Auersperg zope@philosoft.at
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 02:02:36 +0200

I want to be able to download dynamic content (coming from a relational database) via Zope as a file.
I do this by calling RESPONSE.write() which works fine but it is very slow

When I download a greater package with an External method (on the bottom of the mail),
I just get downloads of 3 to 12 KB/s in my LAN and even locally on the same machine.
Also the thread sending the data uses >90% CPU.
Can anybody tell me why it is so slow or how I can speed that up?
I am using a standalone Zope 2.2.0 with standard ZServer

Thanks in advance
Philipp Auersperg

def streamTest(self,RESPONSE):
   RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type','text/richtext')
   i=0
   while i< 100000:
      RESPONSE.write('hallo')
      i=i+1