[Zope] application/octet-stream vs. application/msword

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 13 Aug 2000 18:32:39 +0200 (CEST)

Jean Jordaan writes:
 > The other thing I'm wondering is, it looks as if '.doc' should
 > *always* be recognized as msword. How could it sometimes turn up
 > as octet-stream? To add documents I call:

 >   Add a document.</a>
 >
 > The initial method of 'ccDocClass_factory' is 'ccDocClass_addForm',
 > and that form's action is 'ccDocClass_add' which eventually calls:
 >
 >   <dtml-call "manage_addFile('', file, '')">
The problem is, currently, not interesting enough for me to
analyse is seriously. This may change, when some day, I
or a collegue runs against strange content type assignment.

If you know, that you add only "*.doc" files in your
"ccDocClass_add, why not add
explicitely "content_type='application/msword'", i.e.

     <dtml-call "manage_addFile('', file, '',content_type='application/msword')">

Dieter