[Zope] zcatalog -- returning context of hits on fulltext

Jean Jordaan Jean@mosaicsoftware.com
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 11:22:13 +0200

Hi all

I've got a lot of Word docs and Powerpoint presentations
and PDFs etc in the ZOBD, stored with their full text in
a property of the containing object, so that all those binary
docs are searchable. This works great, but returns only the
found objects and the cached properties specified in the
MetaDate Table.

Wouldn't it be great to be able to give just a line or two
of context from the full text, the way Google does? I have
a feeling I'm asking for pie in the sky, but if anyone has
a brilliant (or a functional) solution I'd be delighted.

cheers,
--
jean