[Zope] Zope culture (Was: [Zope] Simple DTML date-stamp)

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 14:58:31 +0100

William BC Crandall wrote:
> Thanks for the historical pointer.

Read the QuickStart if you really want to dig up some archane terms ;-)
(Acquaduct, Bobo, Principia, etc)

> Another question of 'Zope Culture': Is the anti Win98 feeling
> I get an accurate assessment of the Zopista community?

Not so much the Zope community as anyone who runs servers IMHO :S

> I've been having more than a little difficulty installing
> MySQL-Zope tools on Win98 ('ZMySQLDA on Win32'). Only one
> person (Phil Harris) has been willing to answer questions.

Maybe he's tried it, I know i haven't...

> But the mailing list, by volume and quality, gives clear
> evidence of an active and intelligent Zope community.

Thanks, on their behalf ;-)

> I currently function in two worlds, Win98 and Linux.
> Would I be right to say that 90% of Zopers live in world
> number two?

I dunno. Lots of Linux yes, but a lot of other *nix too and at least a
proportion of WinNT and 2K.

cheers,

Chris