[Zope] zeo and rdb backend

Bill Anderson bill@libc.org
Mon, 14 Aug 2000 20:19:12 -0600

"bak @ kedai" wrote:

> > I have to look further, but I think a good solution for local
> > configuration
> > issues would be a mountable database for specific sections (like
> > products
> > and some folders with database-connections and such)
> > Imagine a situation where different instances of zope, connected via zeo
> > have
> > to use different database-connections (odbc for windows, any other for
> > unix).
>
> i think mountable databse is still alpha, even with filestorage.  not sure
> whether it works if we use ZEO.

Only if and for the Zeoserver that sits on the same physical machine as the ZSS.

> one thing that still bothers me, how can we minimize conflict error?  we
> cannot restrict users from making changes, updates.  but users will complain
> for such errors.
>
> i'm looking at writing a howto use ZEO, and am looking for responses,notes
> from the gurus, what's good, what to avoid, good design methods, multiple
> storage points (still can't get to work), etc.  i need pointers, help
> because i am a user not a brilliant programmer/developer like most of you
> guys are, and do not fully understand ZEO.

I am working on a 'paper' that I may submit to LinuxWorld Expo for NY. I may be able topublish some stuff on it early.

--
Do not meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are easy to annoy,
and have the root password.