[Zope] Using ZCatalog with SiteAccess in Zope 2.2

Christian Scholz cs@comlounge.net
Wed, 16 Aug 2000 02:53:00 +0200

Hi!

> ZCatalog does not seem to like Site Access2
>
> i applied the patch from http://www.zope.org/Members/4am//SiteAccess/patch
>
> and then updated Zope with all the patches from CVS
>
> and it still gives me:
>
> ------------
> Error Type: IndexError
> Error Value: list index out of range
> ------------
>
> if i get rid of SiteRoot from the folder, then ZCatalog works, but Z Search
> Interface doesnt :/
>
> any help would be much appreciated

Now I also encountered this thing as I needed to have also ZCatalog
and some AccessRule in the same folder..

The problem ist line 321 of ZCatalog.py:

path=urllib.unquote(string.split(URL2, REQUEST.script)[1])

And here the actual problem is that SiteAccess does not change
REQUEST.script correctly. REQUEST.script begins still with the
wrong server url in my case. Thus it does not match the first part
of URL2.

As I understand the meaning of this to get only the path of an object
I replaced REQUEST.script with REQUEST.SERVER_URL thus getting

path=urllib.unquote(string.split(URL2, REQUEST.SERVER_URL)[1])

and it worked (SERVER_URL _is_ changed by SiteRoot and also by my
Access Rule (actually my AccessRule does also the SiteRoot job
as I can set the SERVER_URL more dynamic then)).

I dunno if somewhere in Zope REQUEST.script is supposed to be
different to the Server URL, so I might have introduced another
bug with this patch ;-)

I guess I should also put it into the collector, right?

cheers,
  Christian

PS: I also applied the given ZCatalog patch found at SiteRoot/patch
I dunno if this makes a difference, though.. ;)
(means: If it's is also working without it..)