[Zope] unable to login with newly created user

Martijn Pieters mj@digicool.com
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 11:25:06 +0200

On Thu, Aug 17, 2000 at 01:58:04AM -0700, Corey wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>   I'm new to Zope - extreme apologies if this question has already
>   been answered, but I'm simply at wits end here...
>
>   Linux 2.2.14
>   Python 1.5.2
>   Zope 2.2.0 from source wo_pcgi
>   Zserver
>
>   I simply cannot for the life of me log in as non-superuser.
>
>   I've installed and unininstalled and re-installed... and read,
>   and re-read the docs but to no avail - I even went so far
>   as to try from scratch on a wholy different computer all
>   together and was met with the exact same issue.
>
>   After spending plenty of time in the archives for the list
>   and at the zope site's howto's I still have been unsuccessfull
>   in gleaning any help. I must have missed something very simple
>   along the way somewhere.

Make sure that the domains field is empty. It is a space seperated list of
domains the user is admitted from, in either ip-number or ip-address
format. '*' as a wildcard for nameparts is allowed. Example:
'*.digicool.com 194.153.144.*'.

Also, you don't need to set the Owner role. It is a special, magic role
used as a Local Role on objects a user created.

--
Martijn Pieters