[Zope] Re: concerning Xron with DA

Loren Stafford lstaffor@dynalogic.com
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 06:45:15 -0700

From: "Nicholas Lo" <nicklo@siliconcreation.com>

> I just wonder if Xron works with ZSQL Methods.
> I know that ZSQL Methods only works with the request thread.
> Thanks.

I can think of no reason Xron would not work with ZSQL Methods; but I
haven't tried it, because I have no SQL in my applications. Xron's
dispatcher thread does not directly run scheduled methods; it uses Client.py
to fabricate a request. So the scheduled method runs in a request thread,
just as an ordinary client request. Scheduled methods are a subclass of DTML
Method, so the scheduled method would have to call your ZSQL Method.

There is currently no way to pass parameters to the request. If the ZSQL
Method requires parameters, the scheduled method must supply them from its
context.

Would you like to be the first to try it out and report back to the mail
list?

Or has someone else already tried this?

-- Loren