[Zope] Creating an object from within another

Daniel Rusch drusch@globalcrossing.com
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 15:39:01 -0500

So far so good,

Next hurdle, at least the problems have been cut down to hurdles from walls.

I have a folderish product say myFolder, in the manage_addMyFolder function I
want to create an object of my product B. so I do this:

def manage_addmyFolder(self, id, title='',
                     REQUEST=None):
    """Add a new myFolder object with id *id*.
    """
    ob=myFolder()
    ob.id=id
    ob.title=title
    self._setObject(id, ob)
    try: user=REQUEST['AUTHENTICATED_USER']
    except: user=None
    ob.manage_addB(id='index_html', title='') <-- if I change this to
ob.manage_addDTMLDocument(id='index_html', title='') that works ?????

I get the following error:

AttributeError: manage_addB

Any thoughts,

DR