[Zope] How To Shoot Yourself In The Foot With Zope

Jean Jordaan Jean@mosaicsoftware.com
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 16:26:54 +0200

OK, OK, there are *many* ways of shooting yourself in the
foot with Zope, but I want to enter this as one of the
most concise ways.

Elaboration welcome.

In order to get more debugging info about the environment
I'm working in, I included '<dtml-var REQUEST>' in my
'standard_html_footer'. This worked so nicely, I added
'<dtml-var RESPONSE>' too, arguing that the REQUEST is
probably only half the story. However, adding '<dtml-var
RESPONSE>' turned out to be pretty stupid, since it caused
some kind of recursion (the response contains the response?)
which had Zope taking up 99% of CPU and rendering *nothing*.

At least, I *think* this is what happened.

Enlightenment even more welcome.

--
Jean Jordaan   --    technical writer    --
Mosaic Sofware --    Zope 2.1.6 on WinNT and W2K