[Zope] Re: Superuser, the owner, the logged in user and execution

Chris McDonough chrism@digicool.com
Sun, 20 Aug 2000 13:30:48 -0400 (EDT)

> > See (sneak peek) http://www.zope.org/Members/mcdonc/PDG/6-1-Security.stx,
> > section named "The Superuser".
>
> No offence meant, but it doesn't do a very good job of explaining _why_
> the superuser can't own anything.

Well, I think the real problem is that the account that you use to
"bootstrap" Zope is named "superuser".  If it was named something else
like "bootstrapuser" or "fixupuser" or something, I doubt you'd wonder why
it couldn't own anything.

> Come to thing of it, is there a concise description anywhere of what the
> new rules are WRT to ownership, the logged in user and how 'code' of all
> the various types is executed?

What isn't covered in that document that you'd like to know?