[Zope] GUF and crypt

Brad Mabe mabe@saclant.nato.int
Tue, 22 Aug 2000 09:04:05 -0400

Thanks,
I did follow the instructions for patching ZOPE (added import crypt to
DT_Util.py).  Any other ideas on what I should look for in my ZOPE
installation?  Is there a specific crypt (crypt.py?) file that I might be
missing?

     -=Brad=-

-----Original Message-----
From: Stuart Bishop [mailto:zen@cs.rmit.edu.au]
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2000 3:04 AM
To: Brad Mabe
Cc: zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] GUF and crypt

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Brad Mabe wrote:

> Greetings,
> I am following the directions in hippy's GenericUserFolder with an SQL
> database how to, and ran into a snag.  When I call crypt, zope returns the
> following:
>
> Error Type: AttributeError
> Error Value: crypt

I think you need to hack your Zope installation to allow access to the
crypt function directly from DTML (it should be in the earlier part of
the doc). This, and a great many other functions, probably should be
available from DTML without hacking but no one has pushed hard enough
to get them added to the Zope distribution yet.

--
Stuart Bishop                          Work: zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Senior Systems Alchemist               Play: zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au