[Zope] Microsoft SQL Server Access under Linux?

Andrew Kenneth Milton akm@mail.theinternet.com.au
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 00:24:15 +1000

+-------[ Darin Lee ]----------------------
| Zopistas,
|
| Is it possible to access an ODBC data source through Zope running under Linux? I have perused the literature, and it appears the Zope DA's for ODBC only run under the Win32 environment.
|
| I would very much like to setup ZAP (for many reasons), but our "organizational standard" is MS SQL Server 6.5.

Openlink multi-tier UDBC drivers will work a treat (minor hacking of ZODBCDA
required) and will talk to anything your NT box can talk to.

They also have evaluation licenses (up to 10 simultaneous connections).

I'll see if I can dig up my hacks to ZODBCDA... they're not clean, but, they
served the purpose at the time.

--
Totally Holistic Enterprises Internet|  P:+61 7 3870 0066   | Andrew Milton
The Internet (Aust) Pty Ltd          |  F:+61 7 3870 4477   |