[Zope] newbiz : zope connection

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 00:52:54 +0200 (CEST)

kguesnet@imexpert.com writes:
 > I want to know how many people are connected on my zope server, and who
 > are they, has anybody an idea to see this sort of information ?
HTTP is a connection less protocol (to be precise, HTTP 1.0).
Thus, a priori, there is no notion of connection:

  A user is only connected to the server for the duration
  of a single request. The connection is closed as
  soon as the request is completed.

Zope 2.2 has a facility in its Control Panel where you
can see, how much requests are currently in work.
This gives you the 'currently' connected users.

To get more information, you would analyse ZServer's
log file: "var/Z2.log". It contains an entry for
each HTTP request.

There are tools to analyse such a log file.
Search the mailing list's archive for suggestions for such
tools.

Dieter

PS: please do not post "multipart/alternative" (or other MIME messages)
    to the Zope lists.