[Zope] how can I determine the list of user names?

Curtis Maloney curtis@umd.com.au
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 10:05:18 +1000

On Thu, 24 Aug 2000, jpenny@universal-fasteners.com wrote:
> I would like to construct a pull down of the users defined in
> an acl_users of a particular location.

I am doing this soon, also, so I've put in a little thought on the problem.
(But only a little :)

> Say in particular, that /protected/acl_users exists.  How do
> I find (in dtml or in python), the list of names defined in that
> particular acl_users.

My guess (untested) is :

<select name="users">
  <dtml-in getUserNames>
    <option value="<dtml-var sequence-item>"><dtml-var sequence-item>
  </dtml-in>
</select>

> To slightly generalize, how would one tree-walk to find the list
> of all acl_users above a particular object?

Well, as I said, this is untested, but I'm assuming getUserNames does this
for you.  The ZQR is somewhat sparse on the details.

> Thanks

Please, let me know how this goes.

> Jim

Have a better one,