[Zope] Search on ZCatalog or ZSQL in MySQL

Nestor A. Diaz L. nestor@engendro.com
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 07:53:19 -0500 (COT)

Hi,

I have a to take a decision to use or not to use the ZCatalog that's
because i'm some kind newbie to Zope.

Well the history is the following:

I have to make a system to store news, so i have to migrate a old system
using perl cgi's and perform a search on text files to use Zope as the
search engine however i don't know if i have to use a SQL database like
MySQL or use the ZCatalog, i need full text search, and ZCatalog fits on
the true decision however the current database news is about 350M and i
would like to extend it to store images and file, so is possible that at
the final year if everyting comes ok it outperforms the 1GB data

I read that CodeCatalog.com use MySQL to make their full text
search engine, so i think that i can do the same with MySQL using a unique
number for each registry and let ZCatalog do a Vocabulary based on the
ZClass that get such data? and know how to access the database when
someone request a word in the vocabulary based on this unique id?

I have a made a prototype in Zope at http://repnet.engendro.com using
ZCatalog and the admin console is at http://repnet.engendro.com/admin_html
i got based on the ZClass Tutorial from behieve and get it working.

Well, i have to make a decision so my last resource is to use a coin ;)

Thank you very much (sorry for my poor english :DDD)

--
Nestor A. Diaz
Ingeniero de Desarrollo