[Zope] Linux and ODBC

Curtis Maloney curtis@umd.com.au
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 12:09:05 +1000

On Fri, 25 Aug 2000, Tony Corrente wrote:
> Hello..
>
> I am currently using the openlink ODBC drivers to access Progress DB's
> on a HPUX System from A Linux Web Server using  Apache and PHP4. It
> Works...
> The rest of my site has been moved to Zope.  Everything I've read states
> that the Zope DA's for ODBC only run under the Win32... Is anyone
> working on this ?? or how do I do it from Linux ??  I don't want to
> install a N(asty)T(hing)  server if I can avoid it..

Yes, I ran into a similar problem recently, trying to access a remote
DataFLEX db (with an ODBC add on) from Linux.  If you search the how-tos
carefully, there IS documentation on how to patch one of the DAs to work with
mxODBC, a python ODBC interface.

I have built this product, and it appears to work, but I as yet have not
really tested it.

If you want the post-patched product, I can tar it up for  you, and e-mail it
directly.

> Thank you.
>
> Tony Corrente
> Web Administrator