[Zope] How do I create a folder full of "virtual" DTML objectsfrom records in a database records in a database

Nils Kassube lists@kassube.de
Fri, 25 Aug 2000 15:48:08 +0200

R. David Murray wrote:

> http://www.yoursite.com/yourmethod/recordid

This is really easy to do. Now, what do I have to do if I want to use
URLs like this:

    http://www.yoursite.com/events/recordid/index.html
    http://www.yoursite.com/events/recordid/pics.html
    http://www.yoursite.com/events/recordid/[...]/edit

The real data is stored in a RDBMS, only the user interface templates
are in the ZODB. Currently I use the obvious:

    http://www.yoursite.com/events_display_info/recordid
    http://www.yoursite.com/events_display_pics/recordid

    etc.

Is it possible to use methods which get the recordid and a
possible /edit extension from the URL and create the requested
objects on the fly? There was a discussion about this topic a few
months ago but I don't remember the exact circumstances so it's
difficult to search for in the mailing list archive.

Cheers,
Nils
--
nika@acm.org                       | nika@kassube.de (preferred)