[Zope] Problem with SiteAccess 1.0.1

William JOYE wjoye@phase.be
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 12:25:38 +0200

> From: William JOYE <wjoye@phase.be>
> > I have some minor problems with SiteAccess 1.0.1 and Zope
> 2.1.6 + hotfix.
> >
> > 1. When click on the folder that contain SiteRoot, I need
> to enter again
> > login and password. Why ?
>
> Most likely, because you have a Base set in your SiteRoot
> that differs from
> the base URL you had logged into.  Your browser will not send your
> authentication information to a URL with a different host name.

In my Zope root directory, I have created a folder by site. So I have
folders : Site1, Site2,... I have included in each folder a Siteroot object
with the following parameters :
For Site1 (subfolder site1) :
Base: http://www.site1.com

For Site2 (subfolder site2) :
Base: http://www.site2.com

And so on...

In the Apache configuration, I have also set a rewrite rule for each domain
like this :

<VirtualHost xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx>

    ServerName www.site1.com

    RewriteEngine on

    RewriteCond %{HTTP:Authorization}  ^(.*)

    RewriteRule ^/(.*) /home/httpd/cgi-bin/Zope/Site1/$1
[e=HTTP_CGI_AUTHORIZATION:%1,t=application/x-httpd-cgi,l]
</VirtualHost>

Is it correct ?

I have another strange behavior. When I copy an object from Site1 folder, I
can't past it in the Site2 folder. Is it normal ?