[Zope] ZCatalog in 2.2.x

Terry Kerr terry@adroit.net
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 12:29:31 +1100

Hi,

I have a python product which uses a ZCatalog and CatalogAware
products.  The catalog has a number of Field and TextIndex indexes.
Search the ZCatalog has worked fine when my product is instantiated in
2.1.6.  But now when I instantiate my product in 2.2.0 or 2.2.1,
searching only works when I search using a field index.  Searching using
a textindex always results in an empty result, even tho I can see the
words I am searching for in the Vocabulary!  Any suggestions?  I have
tried reindexing, completey recreating the Zcatalog, recreating the
Vobulary and reindexing, and nothing has changed the behaviour.  Are
textindexes simply broken?

ZCatalog seems very volatile to me!  Every time I have upgraded way back
from zope2.1.3, something in zcatalog has changed and boken my product.
So far I have managed to find fixes, but this one has got me baffled!!

--
Terry Kerr (terry@adroit.net)
Adroit Internet Solutions Pty Ltd (www.adroit.net)