[Zope] GUF and manage_addGenericUserFolder not working

Stuart Bishop zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Thu, 31 Aug 2000 17:40:53 +1000 (EST)

On Wed, 30 Aug 2000, Jason Byron wrote:

> Now, *why* does that work?  The function
> manage_addProduct looks like its for adding new
> products under the Control_Panel.  That isn't what
> it's for?
>
> I don't have to do
> <dtml-with "manage_addProduct['OFSP']">
> to use manage_addUserFolder ?

[...]

> legacy=(AccessControl.User.manage_addUserFolder,),

I think the key word here is 'legacy'. I think this was the original
method of adding object instances for all products, but some bright
spark realized that as more products are added this flat name space
gets more and more bloated and name collisions become much more likely.

> Could adding something like this to the GUF fix the
> problem I had and let manage_addGenericUserFolder work
> by itself?

It should work if you really like it that way.

--
Stuart Bishop                          Work: zen@cs.rmit.edu.au
Senior Systems Alchemist               Play: zen@shangri-la.dropbear.id.au