[Zope] Why Not Zope? 'Cos I like to bitch! ;-)

Steve Drees drees@the-bridge.net
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 10:18:51 -0600

> > > Zope's built in FTP server is one of it's huge stengths, IMO.
> He hasn't
> > > realised this and so bitches about it. You can always turn it off you
> > > know! Likewise the HTTP server, run Zope as a CGI if you must! :P
>
> > "Apache already exists and is highly flexible and configurable"
> of course it
> > is, use it if you want, grrr..... TMTOWTODI.
>
> But cgi is slow. and using mod_proxy is not beatiful and adds latency.

what isn't "beautiful" about using mod_proxy?

I have 8 sites using it. It works great. Latency? It's neglible.
More time is spent publishing the objects than is spent pushing it through
the proxy.

> Besides, the zserver on 2.1.6 seems to have bugs that sometimes let
> the page only 90% through. I've really wondered, why all the trouble
> of using a own HTTP server, Apache is a great HTTP server and most
> users run it anyway. which leads to the natural question:

1) I use 2.1.6 on 4 of my sites. I have never seen this problem.
2) You can always upgrade.