[Zope] Why Not Zope? 'Cos I like to bitch! ;-)

Stefan H. Holek stefan@epy.co.at
Fri, 1 Dec 2000 18:18:17 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Oleg Broytmann wrote:

> On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Stefan H. Holek wrote:
> > > 	Why isn't there a mod_zope module?
> >
> > There certainly are mod_snake and mod_python. Has anybody tried to run
> > Zope with one of those?
>
>    Zope is a server by itself, it doesn't need to be embedded ito Apache.

I (hope I) wasn't implying that Zope _needs_ to be embedded into
Apache. ;)

I for my part am quite happy with proxypassing.

All I wanted to know is whether anybody had tried to run Zope with
mod_python/mod_snake yet. Zope can be (and is) run as [pf]cgi and
there are more or less valid reasons to do just that.

Experiences anybody?

> <PLUG mode="shameless">
>    There IS mod_pcgi2 to connect Apache to Zope.
> </PLUG>

I know there is, and I might even try it one day ;)

Regards,
Stefan