[Zope] ZMySQL Database Connection

corey@axcelerant.com corey@axcelerant.com
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 14:14:35 -0800

Greetings!

I'm at the point where I could really use some help...

Specifically, I cannot for the life of me get a ZMySQL
instance to work - on two different machines, using
about 4 different combinations of Zope, Python, ZMySQLDA
and MySQLdb versions...  What occurs ( depending on which
particular combo I try ) is one of three things, either:

#1 - the loading of the ZMySQLDA Product fails entirely,
     causing Zope itself to die upon startup,
or

#2 - an error about invalid syntax or somesuch occurs,
     although the sql query is perfectly correct. ( sorry,
     I can't remember the exact error msg, although it occured
     frequently through my attempts - and I'm not going
     to try and reproduce it )

or

#3 - the following error is recieved: 'There was no data
     matching this Z MySQL Database Connection (connected)
     query.'  Even though I *know* that the simple query
     I'm testing with *definately* returns data.

I was finally able to get past errors #1 and #2, with
#3 being the closest I've been able to get everything
working - I can create and load the ZMysqlDA Product
just fine, I can test the query, without error #2,
but for some reason no matter what - the response is
*allways* that there was no data matching my query!
I've attempted the same query using the same user on
the same database with the same table via the mysql
client just fine... why is Zope failing me?

Any suggestions? Anyone else run accross this problem?
I'm at wits end here. I've been through ever possible
logical solution I can think of to no avail. Is there
some lower level interface or debug or log that I can
inspect for further details?

Current config:

Zope version: Zope 2.2.4 (source release, python 1.5.2, linux2)
Python version: 2.0 (#1, Oct 25 2000, 19:37:52) [GCC egcs-2.91.66 19990314/Linux (egcs-1.1.2 release)]
System Platform: linux2
ZMySQLDA: 1.2.0
MySQLdb: 0.1.2

Beers,