[Zope] Fragments of html in IE (Was: Why Not Zope? ...)

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Sun, 3 Dec 2000 23:45:18 +0000

* Riku Voipio <riku.voipio@tietoenator.com> [001201 10:46]:
> Besides, the zserver on 2.1.6 seems to have bugs that sometimes let
> the page only 90% through.

I don't know if your 90% problem is the same as the one I've been
having, but I'm scratching my head a lot here:

When I test my site using IE5.5, the page seems to get fragmented
somewhere along the way.  Usually, all but the last few bytes arrive
at the browser.  Sometimes _only_ the last few bytes arrive at the
browser.  But using NS under 'nix, everything's fine.

I've tried running the HTTP headers from each browser through a telnet
session and I seem to get all the data every time.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?  You can check it out at

  http://test1.jamkit.com

and if you're running IE you may see either a stray

 </ta

at the bottom of the screen, or perhaps just a

 ble></body></html>

on a white background.

Cheers,

seb