[Zope] It's NOT a Zope error

Tim Cook twcook@iswt.com
Sun, 03 Dec 2000 17:54:40 -0600

Didier Georgieff wrote:

> Each time they see the message "Zope Error" (even for unauthorized login
> ! or your own programing error) they are telling "pfffffff this software is really
> buggy", and the poison is here.
>
> So i would suggest, as a "marketing" feature to change the error message

I agree 100%. "Zope Exception" might be a better choice.  I have
had several people send me an error report because they don't
read the exception message that basically says "you must enter a
first & last name."
As soon as they see "Zope Error" they quite and tell you there is
a problem.

Then again maybe this is where I need to build my own
standard_error_message?
Instead of letting it fall through to Zope's.

-- Tim Cook, President --
Free Practice Management,Inc. | http://FreePM.com
Office: (901) 884-4126
Censorship: The reaction of the ignorant to freedom.