[Zope] newbie question -- database list/report with sort by column header

John Cappelletti jcappell@averstar.com
Mon, 04 Dec 2000 01:00:51 -0500

I am listing the results of a database query using dtml-in. I'd like to
be able to give the user the option to re-sort the list by clicking on a
column header. ok... I'm starting small with a form and radio buttons to
allow the user to specify the sort.

I've created what I believe to be a global variable for this page using
the property screen. The variable is to capture the column name for the
sort. My simple question is how do I assign a value to this variable
inside of the dtml method! I'm not finding a description of variable
assignment in the documentation (yeah, I must be missing the obvious).

Any pointers would be appreciated.  (also, know if anyone has
implemented interactive sort by column header?)

thanks,
John Cappelletti
  AverStar, Inc.
  1593 Spring Hill Road, Suite 700
  Vienna, VA 22182-2249
  Tel: (703) 827-2606 x 4291 (also, 301 443-7509)
  Fax: (703) 827-5560