[Zope] How to build a c extension on a linux system

Steve Spicklemire steve@spvi.com
Mon, 4 Dec 2000 10:38:01 -0500 (EST)

I keep my own CVS'ed versions of ZPatterns and PlugIns so I can
patch/change with a little control. For my own convenience I
put a build.py file in the ZPatterns directory and my usual
sequence is:

cvs co ZPatterns
cvs co PlugIns

cd ZPatterns
python build.py

this way I don't have to think very hard when
I'm installing on a new Zope....

build.py:
import os

os.system('cp /usr/local/lib/python1.5/config/Makefile.pre.in .')
os.system('make -f Makefile.pre.in boot')
os.system('make')

Is that what you're looking for?

-steve